Saturday, June 23, 2012

Plateau already?

Oh, how lack of urgency affects the intensity of my studies! Not faced with any impending doom (such as a test of my knowledge of Italian language for example), I'm almost back to my lackadaisical attitude to language learning: I look at some stuff in Italian, and I listen, and I even bother to repeat. But the fear necessary for peak performance just isn't there! I even went as far as to order from the library something called Relax and learn. Italian: a laid-back approach to language learning. After reading several books about learning a foreign language, not to mention Benny, telling me very specifically that it's not a very relaxed kind of activity. It's not even supposed to be!

Losing focus there a bit. I would like to avoid another plateau without having to sign up for another test in December, especially that I still don't know how I did at the last one! Definitely gotta step on it. I will produce a detailed plan soon. I have to do some research and investigate the issue first.